Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Zzzzz please....

Lil’ Hannah’s moving a lot now.  Seems like her movements have maybe not increased, but the strength of her kicks and punches have intensified.  My mom says I used to kick a lot – guess this is payback.  Sometimes after dinner, Jeff and I just sit on the couch watching my belly move and contort.  It’s really neat, but honestly is very strange to see.  Especially since this is our first child and we’ve never seen or experienced anything like this before.  Jeff asked me “What does it feel like?” and it’s so hard to explain.  Feels like something is crawling around in there which is exactly what’s happening.  It’s distracting, it’s exciting, it’s new and I often find myself just staring down at my belly fixated on the movements.  I rely on these movements to get through the days when I’m past the point of exhaustion due to sleeplessness.  Like today.  I can honestly say, I’ve never been so tired while having the time to sleep but unable to b/c I wake up so often making it virtually impossible to get the kind of sleep that counts.  I’m a zombie.  Keep your fingers crossed for me tonight.  Sleep be with me!