Monday, July 11, 2011

No news is good news!

Sorry I've been so MIA!  Things are going well.  A little over a month ago I was having pains in my lower abdomen which turned out to be contractions (not Braxton Hicks).  The doc said I needed to slow down, drink lots of fluids and focus on getting more sleep.  And here we are 36 weeks (9 mo) along and if you view the "watch me grow" page you can clearly see that I'm doing well and growing.... 

It's pretty hot here Texas reaching triple digits often so most of my time is being spent indoors these days.  Once we get to being full term (38 weeks) I hope to get out in the late evenings for a nice walks with Jeff.  I miss being able to be active and even though I'm following doctors orders it's still very hard.  I'm so happy we've had such a healthy pregnancy and no bed rest has been assigned.  I know to some of you reading you'd think bed rest sounds awesome, but I find that very hard to believe.  Just being told I needed to slow down, stop when I'm tired, listen to my body, etc. has been hard enough.  I could not imagine being told I need to stay in bed.  Sounds awful to me.  Not to mention, being in bed anyways is uncomfortable so having to STAY in bed is even worse. 

Hannah's nursery is all ready to go!  Completely decorated.  I've washed all the bedding, clothes, blankets, burp clothes and new light/fan installed.  We've assembled the stroller, swing, bassinet, etc.  Jeff's getting help from one of our neighbors to show him how to properly install the car seat! Also, a few months ago we enrolled in two parenting/baby classes through the hospital we are delivering at...Labor in a Day and Baby Care/CPR.  Both are six hour classes that kinda run you through everything you "need" to know.  We took the first class a couple weeks ago and the second one this past Saturday.  Very informative!  While I feel I know a lot about babies in general, an infant is NOT something I know much about.  So it was nice to learn some things that we hadn't already read about in the million baby books we have. 

28 days until our due date!  August 8th!